Please, be aware that every change of flag to Palau Registry means that new ship certificates shall be issued.
PISR registration officers are available to confirm the acceptance of the vessel under Palau flag upon providing the following information:
- IMO number of the ship, or gross and net tonnage
- Intended Owner
- Intended Manager
- Intended Trading Area
- Proposed Recognized organization which will conduct the respective inspections on behalf of Palau flag.
At an owner’s request the vessel’s name can be reserved and the official number, call sign and MMSI number can be assigned to PISR.
Upon satisfactory registration, you will receive the following ship related E-certificates by email and you should forward these certificates by email directly to the ship without any delay.
- Certificate of Registry
- Safe Manning Certificate
- Ship Station License
- Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR), where applicable
- Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) – Part 1, where applicable
- Liability Certificates (Oil Pollution CLC, Bunker certificate BCC, Wreck Removal certificate WRC, Athens Convention Certificate, PAL; where applicable).
The Certificate for Provisional Registration will be issued for a period of 6 months. This should give the ship-Owner or his representative sufficient time to gather all necessary documents required for permanent registration. However, PISR can grant extensions of the provisional certificates for a period of 2 years from the first day of registration.
Following the 6 months of provisional registration, the owner of the vessel may request PISR to issue a Permanent Certificate of Registry upon submission of the necessary documentation.
The Certificate of Permanent Registration will be issued for a time period of 5 years from the date of the initial registration under Palau. Annual Taxes are applicable at the anniversary date of the vessel each year.
In order to obtain the updated list of requirements for Flag Transfer registration, please contact our Administration Department either by email email@example.com or by phone +302104293500.