MARPOL 73/78 is an international convention for the prevention of pollution at sea. The convention includes regulations which aim to prevent and minimize the pollution at sea from ships, referring to accidental pollution and pollution from routine operations.
PISR provides statutory survey, advice and certification services based on MARPOL, IMO and port state specific national requirements.
Upon attendance of survey on board, PISR issues the required international certificates for proving environmental protection, such as:
- IOPP Certificate (MARPOL I)
- NLS Certificate (MARPOL II)
- ISPP Certificate (MARPOL IV)
- Garbage Certificate of Compliance (MARPOL V)
- IEE Certificate (MARPOL VI)
- IAPP Certificate (MARPOL VI)
- EIAPP Certificate (MARPOL VI and NOx Technical Code) for marine diesel engines (issued after final examination and approval).
- MARPOL VI – Approved Method
- MARPOL II and the IBC Code