IMDG Code MSC.501(105)
January 1, 2024
Ships carrying cargoes subject to the requirements of IMDG Code
01/01/2024 (with voluntary early application from 1 January 2023)
Amendments to the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code (41-22)
In addition to the regular updates to classification, segregation, packing and marking of dangerous goods, the Amendment 41-22 includes (but is not limited to):
- Clarification on 22.214.171.124 with regard to the fact that class 7 goods may need to be marked with a different label in addition to ‘OVERPACK’.
- New definition for ‘pressure receptacle shell’.
- New entry for Electrical resistance (126.96.36.199) (Electrical resistance Ω (ohm) – 1 Ω = 1 kg ⋅ m2 ⋅ s −3 ⋅ A −2).
- The addition of a telephone number to the Lithium battery mark.
- A new chapter regarding ‘Portable tanks with shells made of fibre-reinforced plastics (FRP) materials’.
• Deletion of ‘special stowage’ from note 1 in 188.8.131.52.4 as it is no longer applicable.